that Manchester United are closely following Athletic Bilbao star Oscar de Marcos.
De Marcos, 23, caught the attention of Sir Alex Ferguson during United’s Europa League clashes with los Leones last season and his progress has been monitored ever since.
Daily Mirror now reports that Fergie sent his brother Martin and one of United’s top scouts to watch the player as the Basque side faced Barcelona at Camp Nou on Saturday.
This could very well mean that Sir Alex Ferguson is pondering a summer move for the highly rated midfielder.
De Marcos, who arrived to San Mames from Alaves back in 2009, is a very versatile player who can successfully operate as a winger or left-back.
The former Spain Under-21 international is well known for his attacking …
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos will not give Juventus star Gonzalo Higuain peanuts in the Champions League final as he prepares to reunite with his former team-mate.
Higuain spent six years alongside Ramos at Madrid before leaving the Santiago Bernabeu in 2013, but the pair will come together again for the Cardiff showpiece on June 3.
But Ramos will put friendship aside as Madrid bid to win back-to-back Champions League titles.
He s a great friend and we have a great relationship from when he was here, Ramos told beIN Sports.
But I won t give away peanuts to Pipa inside the pitch.
Madrid advanced to their third final in four years after overcoming city rivals Atletico Madrid 4-2 on aggregate.
Ramos men lost Wednesday s return leg 2-1 …
Sergio Ramos scored a dramatic late winner as Real Madrid returned to the top of LaLiga with a 2-1 home victory over 10-man Real Betis.
Madrid took advantage of Barcelona s shock loss to Deportivo La Coruna earlier on Sunday by coming from behind to win after it had looked like a dreadful Keylor Navas blunder would cost them dear.
The Santiago Bernabeu was stunned when Navas scored a bizarre own goal as he failed to deal with Antonio Sanabria s shot midway through the first half.
Cristiano Ronaldo headed in his fifth goal in four league matches before the break, but it looked for a long time like Madrid would have to settle for a draw that would have kept them behind Barca.
That was until Betis Cristiano Piccini saw red and Ramos headed in his 10th goal o…
Arsenal ended a run of two consecutive away Premier League defeats with an impressive 3-1 victory over high-flying Leicester City on Sunday.
Mikel Arteta s men fought back from an early Youri Tielemans goal to score through David Luiz, Alexandre Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe, ending a three-game losing streak at the King Power Stadium in the top flight.
The result means Arsenal closed to within three points of sixth-place Liverpool, having played a game more, while Leicester stay third and 13 points behind leaders Manchester City.
Tielemans gave Leicester the lead with a precise finish after being allowed to run unchecked into the Arsenal box, with Kieran Tierney out of position and Pablo Mari distracted by Jamie Vardy.
It was the fourth time the Gunners had…
Mason Mount has signed a new five-year deal with Chelsea, keeping him at Stamford Bridge until 2024.
Mount spent last season on loan at Derby County, excelling under Frank Lampard, who has since taken over at Chelsea.
The 20-year-old s spell at Derby followed on from a season-long loan at Vitesse in 2017-18, with Mount netting 14 league goals from 32 Eredivisie appearances.
But with Lampard and Mount enjoying a good relationship at Pride Park, and Chelsea serving a two-window transfer ban, the playmaker looks set to play a part for the Blues next term.
It s a massively proud moment for myself and my family, Mount, who joined the club in 2005, told Chelsea s official website.
I joined this club at six years old and it was always my goal to play…
Former Newcastle midfielder Rob Lee has dubbed the club a laughing stock after Joe Kinnear was appointed as their director of football.
Kinnear, who spent a chunk of the unsuccessful 2008-09 campaign in charge of Newcastle before leaving the club after a health scare, returned to St James Park last week in a shock move.
Fans were stunned when told club manager Alan Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr would report into Kinnear, and that the 66-year-old would have the final say on transfers.
A disastrous radio interview, in which Kinnear insulted the club s fans and pronounced the names of several players wrong, only served to deepen the anger of supporters,
And Lee, who made over 300 appearances for Newcastle, was seething in his Northern Chronicle column and follo…
Reece James has returned to training with Chelsea after being omitted from England s World Cup squad due to injury.
The full-back was left out of Gareth Southgate s 26-man travelling squad to Qatar, where England face France in the quarter-finals on Saturday, after being sidelined since October 11 with a knee issue.
Southgate referenced too many unknowns over the Chelsea defender s recovery for leaving out James, who sustained the injury in a Champions League clash with Milan.
James spoke openly of his disappointment to miss out on FIFA s top tournament as he acknowledged there was risk on both sides but it was one I was willing to take .
The 22-year-old returned to training on Monday for Chelsea s first session in Abu Dhabi at their warm-weather training…
Danny Rose appears to have taken a swipe at former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp’s selection policy, hinting he picked on reputation.
Redknapp spent three and a half years in charge at White Hart Lane between October 2008 and June 2012, helping the club avoid relegation and steering Tottenham into the UEFA Champions League for the first time.
Left-back Rose found his first-team appearances limited under Redknapp and had loan spells at Watford, Peterborough United and Bristol City during the 66-year-old’s time in charge.
Rose, though, feels that he should have been given more opportunities earlier during his Tottenham career.
He told the Daily Telegraph: It s not nice when you train hard every day and people are allowed to sack off training and still be in …
Hull City are planning to hijack Newcastle United’s bid to sign Darren Bent, .
The Tigers are looking to add more firepower to their squad after winning promotion back to the Premier League, and have made the Aston Villa striker their number one target.
Manager Steve Bruce knows only too well Bent’s ability having secured the England international’s services back in 2009 whilst at Sunderland.
Villa are willing to cut their losses on the man they paid £24million for two and a half years ago, with the club looking to receive just a quarter of that price to get him off their books, though that figure is still considered too high by Newcastle, who have a policy of only buying players they can sell at a profit.
The 29 year old, who has also playe…
Napoli have emerged as strong favourites to sign Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski from Udinese, .
The Azzurri are already working on summer reinforcements and it appears that the 21-year-old footballer is at the centre of their attention at the moment.
Both the player himself and Udinese chiefs have confirmed Napoli interest and it appears it is only a matter of time before Zielinski arrives at Stadio San Paolo.
The attacking midfielder joined Udinese back in 2011 from Zaglebie Lubin, but he could only amass 19 league appearances during the first two seasons in the senior side.
Zielinski was then allowed to join Empoli on loan in the summer of 2014, and that proved to be a great career move.
After initially struggling for playing time, the Polan…